We all know that we need to look after our planet, but we want our Wedding day to be extravagant and amazing. So here are some ideas that give you the best of both worlds and are usually also better for your budget.
- Invites: Here you have a choice, the ultimate eco-friendly way to invite people to your Wedding is to try getting your invitations printed on recyclable paper.
- Location, location, location. This is just as important for Weddings as it is for business. Choose a location that most of your friends and family can get to easily as this saves on transportation costs, you could even encourage your guests to car pool. Also try picking a location where you can have your Wedding and reception on the same property because this saves on transport costs and emissions. Having your Wedding outdoors also saves on heating, cooling and lighting costs.
- If you have everything you need for your new home why not ask your guests to donate to charity or plant a tree in your honour. Your guest favours can also follow these lines, why not hand paint pot plants for your guests, not only will this help the planet but also be a very special thoughtful gift.
- Donate your Wedding receptions left overs, I am sure the Salvation Army would really appreciate it.
- Local is lekker: by buying local products you aren't shipping things from a long way away, so research what flowers and foods are locally produced. You will also be saving money as it hasn't had to travel very far.
- Throw seed not rice. Why not feed the birds on your Wedding day and have your guests throw birdseed instead of rice, it is also safer for your guests.
Be the Belles of your Wedding Ball
Love The Mobile Bridal Studio
P.s. please leave any comments, ideas or suggestions we would love to hear from you.